Learn to pronounce the alphabet. We must set aside a pre-determined time to study. We should listen to audiovisual material. We should get an inscription to a library (either in a German Institute or anywhere where German books, magazines, daily newspapers and/or CD/video material is available.
• The first task we must assign ourselves id to learn the proper pronunciation of the alphabet, including the letters that are peculiar to German such as “ä”, “ö”, “ü” and “ß”(es-tzet). The best way to do this is to listen to a professor or watch a video where such letters and their respective sounds are dealt with in detail.
• We must be able to organize our time. It is advisable to set a schedule or time-table and devote daily at least some minutes to this learning process. The choice of an adequate place or “spot” is also advisable.
• With the help of audiovisual material we will be acquiring and enlarging our vocabulary. It is very important to listen and to see simultaneously the corresponding images in order to associate them with their German meaning. If at the same time we see the images, we learn the words that correspond to them, thus making this learning process more effective.
• Grammar also requires concentration and study. We must learn the declinations of the articles that affect the adjectives and nouns.
• In German, the first letter in a noun is written with a capital letter.
• It is a good idea to register in the library of some German school or Institute. There we can have a better and more intimate contact with this country’s culture and also get to know people who are also learning this language.
• It would be great if we have the opportunity to do a course in Germany itself. There is no better way to learn a language than in the country where it is spoken.
• Finally, reading is also an excellent way to learn a language. Of course, in order to read it, one must have at least the basic principles. In order to obtain the utmost benefit we should search out the best in literature, well-known authors, thus we shall form a solid knowledge basis.
About the Author
My name is Enrique Bracamonte. I’m graphic designer graduated from the University of Wuppertal, Germany. I am offering the opportunity to start learning German through courses that consider the way you learn and teach you the easy way. You can access a free introductory course. You only need to visit my website at the following link: http://www.germanlearningsite.com